|Recipe : Entry # 7079|
|Homemade Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
|4 Jalapeno Peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeded
4 Slices of Sourdough bread
2 Tablespoons of butter, room temperature
4 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 Cup of jack and cheddar cheese, shredded ( ½ cup each sandwich)
2 tablespoons tortilla chips or plain ruffles chips crumbled ( 1 tablespoon for each sandwich)
|1. Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
2. Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
3. Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily come off.
5. Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the cream cheese of one slice of bread, top with the jalapenos, crumbled chips, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
7. Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes each side
This sandwich pairs well with Tomato Soup!