|Recipe : Entry # 8962|
|Slow Cooker Beef Chorizo Taco Chili|
|February: Spicy Foods|
|• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed
• 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with peppers
• 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
• 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
• 2 cups sliced bell peppers
• 1 ¼ cup diced yellow onion
• 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
• 3-4 cups beef stock
• Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced jalapeno, lime, avocado, shredded cheese and corn chips.
|In a large skillet set over medium heat add ground beef and chorizo sausage (casing removed).
While breaking up the meat, cook until no longer pink. Remove meat from pan and drain on paper towels to remove grease.
Add cooked meat to a large slow cooker along with diced tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos, tomato paste, bell peppers, yellow onion, corn, taco seasoning, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt and pepper. Stir together.
Start off by adding in 3 cups beef stock and cook on high heat for at least 6 hours. The chili should not get dry but if it does, simply add more stock a little at a time.
Serve with various toppings- sour cream, sliced jalapenos, lime, avocado, shredded cheese or corn chips.
|Tell us about your recipe|
|I wanted a recipe that would use some of my jalapeños from my garden. I found a slow cooker chili but added jalapeños and more onions to make a spicier version. The taco seasoning and spices makes it a Mexican style chili.|