|Recipe : Entry # 9514|
|Roasted onion, medlar puree, parmesan waffle and basil oil|
|• 2 red onions
• 6 medlars
• 70 g of grated Parmesan cheese aged for 30 months
• 30 g of brown sugar
• 10 ml of honey
• 30 ml of extra-virgin olive oil
• 5 leaves of basil
|1. First of all, carefully wash the onions and cut them in order to obtain medium-sized "petals". At this point, take a baking dish, grease it with olive oil and add the onion. Then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake at 180 ° C for about 10 minutes.
2. With a small knife, peel the medlars and remove the seed. Cut into cubes and cook with brown sugar and honey in a non-stick pan.
3. Take a flat pan and place a cylindrical steel mold in the center. When the surface is hot enough, put the grated cheese. Cook until you get a crunchy and golden wafer.
4. Finally, take a small glass, pour the extra-virgin olive oil and add the basil, previously washed and chopped. Let it rest for 5 minutes at room temperature, in order to facilitate the diffusion of aromas.
5. Serve hot
|Tell us about your recipe|
|This is a simple appetizer, which involves poor ingredients. It's taste and freshness are perfect for the summer.|