|Recipe : Entry # 5853|
|Pasta and Seafood Bowl|
|Tallapoosa River EC|
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 pound firm large fish
(such as sea bass, snapper, scamp, or grouper)
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup green onion; chopped (green and white)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 can mushroom stems and pieces (16 ounces)
1 pound fresh Shrimp; (raw, shelled) (TIPS:1)
1 pound fresh scallops, cleaned
1 pound Spaghetti; (or other long pasta)
4 cups your favorite spaghetti or Alfredo sauce (TIPS:2)
Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
|1. Cut fish into 3/4-inch square pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Reduce heat to low; add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add fish and scallops. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Add shrimp, cool for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm and set seafood sauce aside.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well.
5. Combine pasta with seafood sauce in large serving bowl and mix well.
1. You can use any kind of seafood you prefer in this dish. Oysters (drained) are good if you like oysters. (I add 1/2 cup of the oyster liquid with the oysters). A few other suggestions are shelled crawdads (not really seafood), clams, octopus, surimi chunks (imitation crab) and while rather pricey, lobster and crab meat are really delicious in this dish. The ones I included are just my favorites. Use your imagination to make the recipe suit you.
2. You can increase or decrease the amount of spaghetti or Alfredo sauce to suit your taste. I personally like plenty of sauce with my pasta. I like to dunk my bread in the sauce. I also personally think all pasta dishes are better the second day after they have had ample time for the pasta to soak up some of the sauce flavors.
3. As with most of my recipes you can leave ingredients you don't like out or add some you do like. For instance if you like your pasta spicy add more red pepper flakes or some of your favorite hot sauce. Depending on how spicy you want it you could also add some finely chopped jalapeno or cows ear (habanero) peppers (with or without the seeds). If you don't care for mushrooms, or maybe red pepper flakes, then leave them out. If you like it tell me so I can try your version.