|Recipe : Entry # 8999|
|496 county road 4420
|Salted honey taffy|
|South Alabama EC|
|• 1 lb real honey (about 1 1/2 cups)
• salt, to taste
|1. Bring honey to a boil in an uncovered medium saucepan over medium heat (about 5 to 7 minutes).
2. Continue to boil until honey registers 280 degrees on a candy thermometer (about 10 to 12 minutes).
3. Line a pan with parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray.
4. When the honey reaches temperature, pour it onto your prepared pan and allow to cool on the counter for 20-25 minutes.
5. Spray your hands with nonstick spray, and break off about a third of the cooled honey.
6. Begin to pull and stretch the honey, continually folding it and working more air into the taffy.
7. As you continue to pull and incorporate air into the taffy, it will start to firm up and become lighter in color.
8. Keep doing this for about five minutes, or until taffy has lightened in color from dark amber to tan.
9. When taffy is tan and firmed up, roll it into several long thin snakes and place these back on your parchment paper lined pan. Sprinkle with salt.
10. Refrigerate pan for 10 minutes, then use a knife coated in cooking spray to cut each taffy roll into one inch long pieces.
11. Roll up each piece of taffy in wax paper, twisting the ends to close.
|Tell us about your recipe|
|My name is Sierra Joachim and I'm 15 years old. I came across this recipe and decided to try it. I had my siblings help with the stretching process. We tried it and decided that the original recipe tasted better with a little salt on it to tone down the sweetness. How much salt you add is up to you. We make our salted honey taffy with local raw honey from our neighbors. This recipe is quick, easy, and fun, plus its made with only honey and salt so its fairly healthy too! Definitely a recipe to try, especially if you have kids who like to help in the kitchen!|