|Recipe : Entry # 9112|
|Frozen Samoa Pie|
|July: Frozen Treats|
|North Alabama EC|
• 50 Nilla Wafers
• 6 Tbsp. melted Butter (real)
• ¼ Cup sugar
• 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 c. Cool Whip, defrosted
• 4 c. toasted coconut, divided
• 2 c. caramel, melted and divided
• 1 c. mini chocolate chips
• 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
• Make crust: In a food processor, pulse Nilla wafers until they are fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a bowl, then add butter and sugar and stir until combined. Grease a 9" pie plate and press in the crust mixture.
• Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until fully incorporated. Fold in Cool Whip.
• Make middle layer: In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups toasted coconut with 1 cup caramel.
• Pour half the cream cheese mixture into the pie pan and cover with coconut caramel. Smooth to the edges to make a layer.
• Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture, then add the remaining 2 cups toasted coconut and mini chocolate chips. Drizzle with remaining caramel and melted chocolate and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Serve.
|Tell us about your recipe|
|Samoa Girl Scout cookies are my absolute favorite! A co-worker several years ago gave me this recipe after a work luncheon and now I can enjoy the flavor of Samoa cookies year round.|