|Recipe : Entry # 9349|
|Stevia-Sweetened Fudge Swirl Ice Cream!|
|July: Frozen Treats|
2½ cups unsweetened almond milk
½ cup cottage cheese
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 T vegetable glycerin
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Stevia Powder
⅛ tsp. salt
1 1/8 tsp. glucomannan
Fudge Swirl "Sauce"
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 tsp Stevia powder (or more to taste)
pinch of salt
splash of vanilla extract
Half and Half - enough to make a thick "sauce"
|1. In a blender, blend all of the ice cream ingredients together until completely smooth.
2. Churn in an automatic countertop ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
3. While the ice cream is churning, mix the fudge swirl ingredients together in a small bowl. Put the bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes. It should thicken up, but not freeze.
4. As the ice cream has thickened and is at the end of the churning time, drop spoonfuls of the fudge swirl "sauce" into the churning ice cream. It should swirl through the ice cream. Do not over-churn after adding the fudge swirl "sauce" or it will turn into chocolate ice cream (which could be ok, too!). You could also just mix in the fudge swirl "sauce" with a mixing spoon instead of churning it in.
3. Freeze to firm up even more, if desired.
4. Extra fudge swirl "sauce" can be thinned out with more Half and Half, warmed up in the microwave, and poured on the top of the ice cream for a Hot Fudge Sundae!
|Tell us about your recipe|
|As I reduced and removed sugar from my diet, I still craved ice cream! Stevia-sweetened ice cream is the answer, and the hot fudge swirled into it only makes it more decadent! This is the best guilt-free treat for the summer!|