|Recipe : Entry # 9540|
|Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie|
|Tallapoosa River EC|
|• 1 box Pillsbury pie crust
• 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
• 3/4 cup Karo light corn syrup
• 4 large eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1/4 cup Maker’s Mark bourbon
• 3/4 cup chocolate chips
• 1 1/4 cup toasted black walnuts
• Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
|• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Line a 10-inch deep dish pie pan with the crust and flute the edges.
• In a large mixing bowl, on medium speed with whisk attachment, whip butter, sugars, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and bourbon together until frothy.
• Remove bowl from mixer, and fold in chocolate chips and black walnuts. Blend well.
• Pour into prepared pie crust and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until set.
• Serve warm, or cool completely before serving with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
• Yields 8-10 slices.
|Tell us about your recipe|
|I grew up on black walnuts and they go so well with Chocolate. I make this pie for the Run for the Roses the first weekend of May every year.|