Wanda’s Peach Cake
A classic peach cake recipe from Wanda Stinson that would be a perfect finish to any meal.
- 2 sticks sweet cream salted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups ripe but firm peaches, diced
- 1 3-ounce package apricot or peach Jell-O, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray tube pan with cooking spray. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add flavorings. Sift flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream to the creamed butter mixture. Fold in peaches and ½ of the dry Jell-O. Spoon into pan and bake for 60 minutes or until done.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 12-ounce can peach soda (I use Faygo)
- 2 or 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- ½ package of reserved Jell-O package
Put sugar, butter and soda in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add peaches and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and set aside to use for garnish on the cake. Add the Jell-O, stirring to dissolve, and cook two minutes. Leave cake in pan and punch holes in cake with a thin knife. Pour glaze over cake slowly so it will absorb. Save a small amount for the top of the cake. Let stand for about 15 minutes. Invert on a cake plate. Garnish with reserved peaches and remaining glaze.
Wanda Stinson, Pioneer EC